Name:
Location: Punngol, Singapore

Monday, April 10, 2006

My birthday wish

Church service today was fantastic for me, I felt a strong emotion in me as I was singing the songs. It just seems to reignited the fire in me. I can only describe this feeling as hunger. I had been thinking about certain phases in the bible and had questioning how much faith do I have. I had yet to be tested I guess. There was a leaflet in the bulletine today asking for bone marrow donation. This thought just came to my mind, the best way to step up in faith now is to register for this bone marrow donation. Bone marrow donation had been something that I always wanted to do, but have not gotten the chance and courage to do it before. Yes, i admit I am afraid if I am choosen for the donation. But this is the best time to lay my life in God's hand and step up in faith. For I hope my bone marrow can really save someone's life, and when it does God is with me.

This coming Good Friday is my birthday, and I couldn't find any better chance for me to tell my Mom about my wish to be water baptized. For I had been praying for the chance and best time to speak to her about this, and the answer came to me this night. During the pre-birthday celebration at CG, I was asked to make two wishes for my birthday. But I realised what I had wished that time is not really what I wanted most of all. Today I realised the greatest gift that I want is nothing materialistic but is just a smile and "OK" from her when I tell her about it... and I will be more contented than anything esle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

wow....donny... i think God has given you a gift of faith - being a christian for not too long, the faith you portray is extraordinary.


1 Corinthians 12:8-10

"..for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another FAITH by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same[a] Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues."

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home