Name:
Location: Punngol, Singapore

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dark days

I had missed the chance of sharing my testimonial on last sat CG, so I will share it with everyone who is reading my blog now. On the Friday evening, the day before the CG I was like going through another dark moment of my life. I was sick that days... attack of the FLU, so after I got home from the library I was so drowsy so I went for a nap. Around 6pm I was awaken by a shout from the kitchen. That voice I recognised it... It was mum. I got up and saw her mum leading dad to the bedroom. She took out cups, metal box, etc and accused that the scratches on them are made by my brother but what I saw was so minor scratches or even none and she vent her anger by throwing the items one by one on the floor. She was so furious that she was heating up the atmosphere. Next she took out the gold pendants and showed me. Indeed there was dent on it. So I didn't make any comments on that but I was thinking is it so important that these items to remain in perfect condition then to ruin the happiness of the family? The whole time she is accusing my dad for bringing my brother home and let him destroying her things. I was impressed with dad as he was surprisingly calm and was able to joke in the tense situation, I really admire that. As for me I was very affected by her actions... I was so desperate that I called my brother whom I had not spoken in years. I told him about mom problem, and asked him to come back and try treating her nice and hope that will solve the problem but he denied the suggestion and said he will talk to dad about it. I was full of emotion when I was talking to him, firstly, it had been a long time since I spoke to him, I was upset about the whole thing and yet I was happy to be able to have the chance to speak to him again. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to find joy in this troubled situation. On the same night, she was sitting there watch TV alone, and I felt sorry about what she had gone through and invited her to watch Jolin concert DVD with me and started to talk a little about the concert and she told me she like it, but the sorrow shown on her face was there. And on the "ren ri" I came home after the CG, the house was dark and my mom was watching TV alone again... so I went into my room. Something told me I should go out and watch TV with her, so I did. And I started to make small talks with her. I think my mom really needs someone there for her, no point having a house and everyone living their own life. I hope these little gestures will change her in everyway. What happen that day really posted a deep impact on me. I suddenly felt that since the day I became a Christian I had been given a numerous tough decision and problems, but the biggest problem is the one that I had just mention. But I believe that all this is under God's plan, I really believe he is planning something big to mould my life, to transform me and I am glad that all this is happening. For what's happening now is insignificant for the bible said "The ending is better than the beginning".

5 Comments:

Blogger Fleur De La Lune said...

Hey Donny brother,

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU.
The verse that u mentioned is my favourite verse. Indeed "The end is better than the beginning."

u're so wise in your thinking and never waver in your trust in God. This is a very very good beginning in your walk with Christ.

i think u're gonna be a spiritual giant in time to come.

Keep going on :o)

12:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you talked to your mother. At least she knows that someone is there for her.

12:48 am  
Blogger olenju said...

Dear Donny, you will make a difference in your family. :)

1:24 pm  
Blogger bu bu said...

i WAS going to say wad olenju said till i read her comment. so yea, continue doing this little actions n im sure it will make a big difference in ur family=)

9:09 pm  
Blogger Yanlin said...

amen to wat olen said
i believe that you will drew strength from God thru these dark days and ur faith will grew tremedously...Jia You!

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home